Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Nueroblastoma

Today I was doing some research on the internet to find out more information on the cancer my cousin, Madison was diagnosed with. I found a awesome website that was very informative and could come to great use for my research project. Nueroblastoma is commonly recognized at birth or sometimes a couple months later.  This consists of a mass or lump located in the abdomen, around the spinal cord, neck or pelvis.  One interesting statistic that I have read was, "Children under the age of one have a cure rate as high as 90%."  I find this interesting because most children I know diagnosed with nueroblastoma did not survive.  With my cousin being in the hospital a lot, I was always over visiting, and met some other young children, Madison and Chris with the same cancer who unfortunately didn't survive.  This cancer is often treated with chemotherapy, radiation, bone marrows, and surgery.  The link to this website to find out more information is posted below.


Click here for more on Nueroblastoma.

No comments: