Thursday, September 16, 2010

Madison DeGregorio




This is my cousin, Madison Degregorio, whom I have chosen to be my role model for my research project.  Sadly to say, but she is no longer alive.  She passed away in February 2006 of Nueroblastoma cancer.  She was my cousin and best friend, and we did absolutely everything together.  She had many great qualities that I still admire even though she is not with us anymore.  She lived her seven years out in the best way she could and experienced many things.  Everything she did, is the reason why she is my role model.  Its amazing everything she had went through and still had the best times of her life.  I am currently making a list of all her great amazing qualities and trying to pick out the best most funniest stories that display these qualities.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just have to say, number one, that I am sorry for your loss. I know that losing a family member is very hard for an individual, especially when he or she is lost to something as vicious as cancer. Secondly, I myself am writing about Shel Silverstein, a childhood author who wrote a book that allowed me to understand the life of my father. My father had lost his leg to osteogenic sarcoma before I was born. Through Silverstein's literature, I was able to understand the very difficult life of my father and what life is after battling cancer.

Thank you for sharing!

Christina Strezenec

bb said...

Wow I'm really sorry about your cousin. I think that even though this research project may be emotional for you to talk about, you're off to a really great start. Cancer is one of the deadliest and mysterious diseases out there and it will be interesting to hear the facts that you display for the class. Since nueroblastoma is a cancer type popular for children, if you're planning on going deeper into the subject- maybe for that part of your project you could add statistics on how many children are affected. Also, I think that talking about the memories you've had with Madison is a great idea for this project. Goodluck.